Sunday, May 31, 2009

SEVEN FOR SUNDAY

Jimmy Clanton from the 50's - Dig that hair style !!
And today.
I mentioned Jimmy Clanton in the previous post and have today posted his biggest hit Just a dream along with his version of Venus in Blue Jeans ( Mark Wynter had the biggest version in NZ). He is still performing today. 

The Browns - 3 Bells
Laurie London with the religious He's got the whole world in his hands. I seem to remember that Laurie was 13 when he made this one hit wonder. He was born in 1944 so the song came out in 1957.
Connie Francis - Jealous Heart
Ricky Nelson - Take these chains from my heart. Partly sung in French; this version gives a whole new take on this song and rated by me as better than the Ray Charles version.
Monotones - Book of love. Yes I wonder who did write it!
Listen right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment