Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SOUTH PHILADEPHIA

From South Philadelphia - Rydell, Avalon and Fabian - but for you right here.

Bobby sings I'll never dance again
Frankie sings Just ask your heart (the NZ version was by Ronnie Sundin)
Fabian sings I'm a man

Rydell and Avalon along with Fabian (Forte) lived near each other and were in the same band as youngsters and all went on to fame independently although interlinked through their knowledge of one another and the men who guided them to fame - Bob Marucci and Peter DeAngelis of Chancellor Records.

Rydell and Avalon could sing but Fabian was a teen-age 'manufactured' heart throb. I remember when we were visiting Las Vegas and a show with the three of them was coming to town.

As for Bobby my first memory was being in a record store and they played 'Kissing Time'. As soon as I heard it I knew it was a hit. I asked the name of the record and bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment