Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pacific Time


I am back from my trip to OZ so to start off all from the Pacific region.

I remember like yesterday the short but popular Alan "Red" Hewitt (Rhythm Guitar / Vocals) leading his group The Buccaneers (Johnny Willetts - Lead Guitar George Jones - Drums Gary Daverne - Piano / Sax Peter Cox - Bass Guitar) with his big hit cover of Robbin' the cradle. Although I slightly preferred the Tony Bellus version at the time I still thought Red's version was terrific.

It destroyed the US version in Auckland and he was all the rage for about a year or so.

Sadly I read that Red passed away in 2006 but he was still playing to the end.

So today we have

Red Hewitt - Robbin' the Cradle and The Girl in the Teddy bear Coat - both from 1960.

Australians Barry Crocker with the Donald Peers hit - Please don't go and Johhny O'Keefe - Shout.

Kiwi Johnny Devlin - Honey Don't

And from Tahiti Terorotua & His Tahitians - Vini Vini (1958-Tamoure), Die Tahiti - Tamoures - Tamoure (Vini-Vini).

All here

No comments:

Post a Comment