Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ALL OLD - ALL ENZED

Some real oldies here. So old that the NZ recording industry was very poor and the technical quality (let alone the locally written songs) left a bit to be desired.

Bas Tubert - The Hu Hu bug. Bas was a bit of a star in Wellington being the morning radio host on 2ZB and also appearing on TV when it was in its infancy in NZ.

A story - the TV studios were near where I worked in Wellington (Waring Taylor Street from memory) and one day I was walking along near them when Bas came towards me. I thought I knew him and said Hi. We then spoke for a few seconds - usual nothing - hows it going etc. Then we went on our separate ways. A minute or two later I realised who he was and that I didn't know him from a bar of soap!!


I suppose he got it all the time.

Holden Brothers - So how come
Max Merrit and the Meteors - I'll take you home Kathleen and You made me love you. From Christchurch - their big hit was Slipping Away
Teddy Bennet - Clap your hands
Johnny Cooper - Giddy up a ding dong
Meta Amos Quartette - Fools paradise
Maori Hi Five - Hippy hippy shake

No comments:

Post a Comment