Saturday, November 21, 2009

MORE OLDIES

Both of the Sirs - Guinness and Mills

Here are some more golden oldies on this wet Saturday morning.

Cambridge Strings & Singers - Theme from Tunes of Glory - a wonderful film that I saw many years ago that starred Alec Guinness and John Mills, and featured Dennis Price, Kay Walsh, John Fraser, Susannah York, Duncan MacRae and Gordon Jackson. I remember that it was the first time I realised what agreat actor Sir John Mills was - he was up against the Great Guinness but didn't lose anything in comparison- he was superb. So good that he won the 1960 Best Actor Award at the Venice Film Festival.

Guy Lombardo - I'm my own grandpaw - great words
Donald Peers - Music music music - a singer I've come to like a lot
Stargazers - Broken wings
Fontane Sisters - Seventeen

No comments:

Post a Comment